The May issue of Fire Break, NFPA’s wildland fire newsletter, is available for viewing. In this issue, you’ll find:
- A story that highlights the complicated debate between insurance companies and homeowners living in high-risk wildfire areas
- A link to a recent online forum aimed at Northeast residents that provided timely Firewise tips and resource to help address concerns over the increased number of local brush fires
- An article about garbage-eating bears that are “teaching” residents in WUI communities about responsible landscape management
- A link to a number of Firewise interactive modules, games and quizzes to help communities reduce their wildfire risk
- An update on the Fire Adapted Communities Congressional Briefing on June 5
Sign up today to receive Fire Break each month via e-mail. It's free and will keep you up to date on the latest news and information on mitigating your wildfire risk to take back to your communities, organization or fire house.